- This event has passed.
Walking Through the Holidays with Joy (IN PERSON)
November 13, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
With the holiday season approaching, we are constantly bombarded by images of happy families together sharing the joy of the season.
You may find that you are approaching this holiday season with a sense of dread due to the losses that you have experienced…a death of loved one, a divorce or a lifestyle change (loss of job, health, Covid) or estrangement that sets the situation where people who were important in your life are no longer present at your holiday celebrations and rituals.
For some people, anticipating, and perhaps even dreading, the upcoming occasion is worse than the actual day. Fearing that you may react badly, or ruin the holiday for others, can lead to feelings of overwhelm and anxiety. There are several ways to approach these special days.
Joy Gaertner, Advanced Loss & Grief Recovery Specialist, invites you to explore ways to cope with holiday grief and begin…Walking through the Holidays with Joy.
This 90-minute FREE workshop includes strategies for:
- Honoring loss: respecting needs, setting boundaries
- Treasuring memories: keeping loved ones in the story
- Making a Plan: discovering a way to move beyond the pain and find joy again
- Practicing Self-care: finding balance physically and emotionally
- Finding hope: through connection and rituals